KERACARE.COM PRIVACY STATEMENT
What Personal Information Does KeraCare.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at KeraCare.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our e-store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses KeraCare.com. A number of companies offer utilities through their web sites designed to help you visit web sites anonymously. [www.anonymizer.com, www.IDzap.com, www.somebody.net, and www.zeroknowledge.com. We cannot vouch for the effectiveness of any of these products. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.]
- Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at KeraCare.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from KeraCare.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide certain shopping and purchasing features.
- The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of KeraCare.com’s most exciting features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does KeraCare.com Share the Information It Receives?
KeraCare does not sell customer information to others. We share customer information only within Avlon Industries, Inc., its agents, affiliates and subsidiaries as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. Examples are authorized distributors and professional salons and stylists. We sell our product lines and provide services to these businesses and may periodically share general aggregate customer information with them.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Avlon and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Sale and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of KeraCare.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
KeraCare.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use KeraCare.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit KeraCare.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Sale, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Illinois. If you have any concern about privacy at KeraCare.com, please send us a thorough description to Avlon Industries and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Sale will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. You should check our web site frequently to see recent changes.
Information You Give Us
You provide information when you search, buy, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form or participate in chats. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and phone number; e-mails to us; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; web site areas you visited; and phone number used to call our 800 number.